The many question marks continue to pile up against House District Representative Laura Bradford and her ability to serve the constituents of the newly designated HD 54. VetTheGov will provide the many examples and reasons to start her desk clearing at the Capitol building.
1. Bradford voted YES for HB10-1365 the infamous government's picking and choosing winnners and losers for the free market of natural gas over coal fired power plants. So what's the bid deal about her vote here? Well she had the audacity to show up at Xcel Energy's Cameo plant in an attempt to keep it open after voting to cause its demise. This is typical of politicians in hoping no one ever remembers past votes! Side note you will notice in the background of the picture in the link provided below Steve King who also voted in favor of the same bill suddenly fighting to save a coal power generation plant. Yes VetTheGov is as perplexed as you are after reading the link. http://www.bradfordforhouse.com/articles.html
2. Another controversial bill promoted after many other republicans backed away from it was HB11-1256. Bradford continued sponsorship of the bill even after receiving arguments from Pro-Life group Christian Family Alliance of Colorado.
3. Bradford recently made it clear she was more interested on running for local office rather than stay in Denver and legislate. http://www.coloradonewsagency.com/2011/07/27/mesas-rep-bradford-ponders-run-for-county-commission/
4. Speaking of expenses it has become clear Bradford loves her contributor acquired AT&T cell phone and spending over 200.00 monthly for this cell phone again with contributions. Another contribution question mark was her all expense paid trip back to DC to attend an ALEC conference. What is interesting to note here is that she covered her expenses out of her campaign contributions yet never returned the money back to the campaign fund. Rep. Bradford where did the money go??? Bradford also receives 120 days of per diem which is an additional $18,000.00 on top of the $30,000.00 for 120 days of legislative work.
5. Bradford has her personal company website Pro Safe Products linked on her representative website which gives the impression of mixing private business with public office. http://www.bradfordforhouse.com/links.html
6. Recent comments about the new district maps and who is to blame which of course was not her! http://www.nbc11news.com/home/headlines/State_lawmakers_speak_out_on_Colorados_district_lines_135487573.html
7. Bradford awarded Legislator of the Year from Housing Colorado. What's interesting is Housing Colorado opposed many bills she actually voted for like Ray Scott's tiered rate plan. Makes VetTheGov wonder how you can vote against most of Housing Colorado opposed bills yet receive the award????? 2012 will be a year to watch especially on the affordable housing front and the lobbying pressure from this group towards Bradford's committee position.
8. GOP 2012 State resolution against Obamacare/Amycare: The resolution, which carries no force of law, passed largely on a party-line vote. Only one Republican, Rep. Laura Bradford, R-Collbran, voted against it, but she said later that was by mistake. This sums it all up! http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/articles/colorado_gop_repeal_federal_he
It is time for a new face to represent We the People in Denver instead of someone who has taken advantage of the system and really doesn't want to be there any longer! Stay tuned as hopefully we will see a primary race for HD54!