VetTheGov recently located an extra $2.124 Million in surplus and after digging in a little deeper we have put together a breakdown of the spending for the Calendar Year 2012. VetTheGov used the Monthly Check Registers located on District 51's almost transparent website and used only checks written for $10,000.00 or more. You can download the VetTheGov Excel Spreadsheet here to follow along!
2012 Top Recipients of your Tax Dollars:
- First Student $5,028,533.33 - Bus Program. Time to make Prius buses!
- Home Loan State Bank $2,106,604.07 - Taxpayer Re-Investment Program.
- Xcel Energy $1,948,501.92 - How about this energy consumption?
- Western Colordo FCU $1,590,151.05 - At least some monies staying local.
- Grand Valley-BOCES $1,518,972.56 - Really more layers of bureaucracy!!!
- Delta Dental $1,337,323.72 - Teeth costing more than Health these days! Smile!
- Dell Financial SVP LP $1,227,034.59 - Why Apple stocks aren't doing well!
- LOCO Inc $976,954.67 - Cost of Fuel for these Global Warming buses!
- Andrews Food Service $970,334.51 - Must be because they have cheap food!
- Reliastar Life Ins $823,855.55 - Another promised benefit!
- Evans Newton $687,814.34 - Consulting? Curriculum? Tough Times call them?
- Trane $645,279.38 - Someone has some new AC/Heat!
- Meadow Gold Dairy $594,670.50 - We all know Milk is pricey these days!
- Mesa Valley Edu Assoc $546,947.32 - The all powerful Union! See where it ends up here!
- Colorado Dept of Edu $470,544.26 - Must have overpaid the District or extra services!
Hoskin, Farina, & Kampf - $230,632.61 D51 has no staff attorney but you would think with CDE & BOCES they could afford to split a full-time attorney to handle any legal matters. Or better yet CDE & BOCES should just provide one!
Colorado West Regional Mental Health - $140,733.95 One can only wonder how many teachers and administrator's are being treated at the moment???
Next the Procurement Credit Card Gone WILD:
- Jan 2012 $273,827.99
- Feb 2012 $299,635.91
- Mar 2012 $301,096.44
- Apr 2012 $373,072.25
- May 2012 $425,300.70
- Jun 2012 $506,707.43
- Jul 2012 $201,564.76
- Aug 2012 $301,945.19
- Sep 2012 $377,856.65
- Oct 2012 $326,890.01
- Nov 2012 $258,024.92
- Dec 2012 $434,469.60
WOW! $4,080,391.85 in Credit Card swipes. From Amazon.com to Walmart to Lowes to plane rides and hotels, these cards get used and hopefully not abused. Now the BIGGEST question is who gets one??? What are the limits? Do they get abused? How do we know? Lot's of nickel-and-diming at these stores! Just a few questions to begin asking the School District Administration and UNISERV folks at the next School Board Meeting!
Current CASH available as of December 2012 - $31,875,277.00
Sorry didn't hear that in the we need more money budget video! Remember after 3B failed last year there was an immediate removal of School Resource Officers from several schools and fears of many schools having to close. Notice how they always flip this nonsense back on the local hard working makers by sparking emotion in the community rather than fact by pulling away funding to programs that are needed "FOR THE KIDS SAFETY!" Hopefully you now understand that District 51, CDE, CEA, The State, and The Feds are all responsible for these out of control budget issues and internal spending nightmares, NOT YOU!!!
Hear it from a recent School Board meeting that they have more funds! Thanks for visiting VetTheGov and stay tuned for more in-depth coverage of local government spending and accountability!